Friday, March 30, 2007

Tupperware Chocolate Dessert Recipe

Have you ever forgotten to make dessert when you have guests over for dinner?

Well, maybe you're the perfect host, but not me. At my house we usually don't eat dessert, so whenever I have a dinner party I seem to always forget the last course. So, when I decided to throw a Chocolate Decadence party for friends and family yesterday, I thought I'd try the famous Heat 'N Serve cake. I'd always heard that you could make a cake in one of these microwave safe bowls, but I never really believed it. I've always been somewhat of a fancy dessert lover, so I thought it somewhat below me I guess. Snobby...I know. Anyway, I looked on my Tupperware site's discussion board to see what the veteran Tupperware Ladies had to say and finally picked the EASIEST one I could find. I was a little skeptical because some people commented that there was overflow problems that made a huge mess of their microwave. Mine went over without a hitch. So, this recipe is definitely worth a try. It takes a full 10 minutes to make, so if nothing else it's a decent dessert for those "need something in a pinch" situations.

1 pkg. of box cake mix (chocolate or any other type you like)
12 oz. can of diet coke (or any other soda you think would taste good with the mix)

1. Mix the cake mix with the soda until most of the lumps are gone.
2. Pour into a 6 1/4 round Heat 'N Serve. Make sure cover is on securely.
3. Microwave for 7 minutes on High. Check to see if side of cake has separated from side of Tupperware, if not microwave for 1-2 more minutes. You can also use toothpick test.
4. Let cook completely before frosting...cool at least 5 minutes before eating with ice cream.

Tips: No need to grease the Heat 'N Serve. Also, you can frost this cake right in the Heat 'N Serve and serve as is, or flip over onto a plate and frost the other side, or crumble apart into a clear serving bowl in layers with whip cream or whatever else sounds good with cake. Serve with ice cream...especially good if cake is still warm. For cake mix and soda options, my guests came up with several good ideas...strawberry cake with strawberry soda or sprite soda, chocolate cake with cherry soda, plain white cake with seven up...so there's a starter list for you to work with.

No comments: