Friday, March 23, 2007

cooking with anna

I have this wonderful friend, Anna, who has been pointing me in the direction of a higher level of cooking. We both love to cook and eat, she has an incredible sweet tooth, which is exciting because I have a feeling I am going to become a much better dessert cook than I have ever been before. So, I want to share two of the fabulous items that Anna sent my way. One is a Thai cook book that is wonderful for beginners because it illustrates all the ingredients, so you can find them in the store. You can find the book on amazon.com and it is called Thai Cuisine Lemon Grass Cookbook by Panurat Poladitmontri and Judy Lew (I am going to order my copy today!) I have always wanted to learn how to cook Thai food and Asian food in general, but it has always been difficult for me to know if I am buying the correct ingredients...this book eliminates that uncertainty. The second item is a great resource for decadent recipes and it is a blog by a Bay Area transplant and techie turned chef. You can check it out at Chocolate&Zucchini and comment on anything you've tried. Anna and I will be trying one of the recipes this weekend for our little weekend get together and I'll let you know how it goes.