Thursday, March 15, 2007

Steak San Marino

I got this crock pot recipe from a Slow Cooker cook book. I've made it for many people and everyone loves it. I enjoy it, but just to warn you before you make it for your family...it may become a weekly request. My sister-in-law has to make it about once a week because her husband and daughter LOVE it so much. It is also probably the easiest thing I know how to make. So here it goes...

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 beef round steaks, about 1 inch thick (you can also use pork)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf
Hot cooked rice (I use Nishiki Japanese rice)

1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl (Or big ziploc bag). Dredge each steak in flour mixture and place in slow cooker.

2. In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, carrots, onion, celery, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce.

3. Pour sauce mixture into slow cooker and place a bay leaf in center.

4. Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours or on High 4-5 hours.

5. Remove bay leaf and serve over rice (or noodles).

Tips: I usually splash extra Worcestershire sauce in mixture. I also chop the carrots, onion, and celery pretty fine (I use my Pampered Chef Food Chopper) so it gives the sauce a nicer texture and flavor throughout. This prevents it from becoming a stew.

No comments: