Thursday, March 15, 2007

Easy Recipes

I've been looking around at other cooking blogs, and found this wonderful one I've listed it under my GOOD COOKS link list to your right. It's called Anne's Food. Her recipes sound delicious and the pictures are gorgeous. I have no idea if the pictures are the actual food she made or from the web. Regardless, I recommend checking out her blog.

My blog recipes are going to seem much more amateur because I really only know how to make the easiest recipes. I'm a mom with three kids; an 11 month old girl, a 4 year old boy and a 10 year old boy. So, I really don't get much of a chance to make anything too elaborate or time consuming at this point. I usually will take a relatively easy recipe, make it once and then tweak it depending on how it turns out. I am also the queen of the crock pot.

So, if you're in the same league of cooking as me, please try my recipes and then make comments on how you would change them to make them yummier or easier. I am always looking for a quick meal that tastes better than a quick meal. I bought Rachael Ray's 365 No Repeats book and tried a couple of the recipes, but even hers are a little much for my situation. I will definitely keep trying her recipes though and report back on what works for the busy family with kids.

I think I'll post a crock pot recipe next! And by the way...for you single guys (or gals) out there who are just learning to cook...a crock pot is probably the best investment for your kitchen you could ever make. So, go out and get one TODAY...they sell them at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart...you can get one just about anywhere.

No comments: