Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cooking with my friend Anna

On Saturday, my friend Anna and her husband came over for a cook-off. Anna and I share a passion for cooking and eating (not to mention, photography, crafts, gardening, travel...you name it). So, we tried several new recipes and found a couple really good ones. As expected with any first time recipes and meals our timing was a little off, so we had some slightly overcooked items, but everything tasted wonderful, and with a little tweaking I think all the recipes will be incorporated into my rotation. The meal was also very healthy, for those of you who are used to my melted cheese and butter on everything food.

So, here's what we had and I'll make a new post for each recipe, so you can pick and choose. We started off with some Cucumber Ginger Sake Sangria to get us all warmed up for cooking. For dinner we had Couscous Salad, a recipe we found in Everyday Food, and Chicken & Zucchini and Ginger Pineapple Chicken Skewers both recipes found on one of our favorite cooking sites Chocolate & Zucchini. Then for the grand finale dessert we made Chocolate Chile Bread Pudding a recipe I ripped out of the February 2005 issue of Gourmet magazine.

No comments: