Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pork 'n Beans

Meal in a can...
This series is going to be somewhat related to my doctor it up series. I have a few side dishes and meals that I prepare using canned foods. For me there's really no way to prepare gourmet five-course meals from scratch for my family every day of the week, so sometimes they gotta settle for the quickie meal. But I would never ask them to go without a great tasting meal and fast food isn't really that fast or that good...so, I want to share some of my family's favorite homemade fast food meals with you.

2 (28oz.) cans of Van Camp's Baked Beans "HOMESTYLE"
4 Nathan's hotdogs

1. Put beans in a casserole dish.

2. Slice hotdogs into about 1/2 inch slices and mix in with the beans.

3. Cover and bake in oven for 30-45 minutes on 350°F.

4. Let cool 5 minutes and serve.

Tips: I can not guarantee the deliciousness of this dish if you do not use the same products, so I have included a pictures of what I use. Also, sometimes I'll chop up a green bell pepper and throw that in as well for a little extra flavor. This is a great side dish for any type of grilled meat you're having...whether it be steak, pork roast, tri tips etc.

No comments: