Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Campbell's Green Bean Casserole

One of my favorite Campbell's recipes is their Green Bean Casserole. It has saved me in a pinch on so many occasions. I'm almost always stuck with the vegetable dish at potlucks or family dinners, and with three kids to get ready it's virtually impossible to get out the door on time. Not only is this one of the easiest recipes ever, but I don't have to run out to buy special ingredients (it's all pantry and on hand items) and EVERYONE ALWAYS LOVES IT!

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
Dash ground black pepper
2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) Del Monte's® French Style Green Beans (strained...no liquid!)
1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions

1. Mix soup, milk, soy, black pepper in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.

2. Mix in green beans.

3. Mix in and 2/3 cups onions.

2. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until hot.

3. Stir and then Sprinkle with remaining onions.

4. Bake for 5 more minutes.

Tips: If I'm taking this dish somewhere and need to cook it when I arrive then I don't mix the onion's in until right before I toss it in the oven (otherwise the onions get too soggy...yuck!)

a nice close up of the crispy onions...when done right they wont be soggy on top!

No comments: